As we move ahead, the business world is changing, work is changing and the way we work is also changing. The concept of co-working is a part of this change. Here, we are going to have a look at this whole new concept of coworking.
The concept of coworking stems from the principle that independent professionals can do far better in a community than they can do all alone. Coworking is all about people getting together in the same place to work for their purpose. Hence, co-working is about building communities and bringing them under a space.
Who can benefit from the co-working?
- Start up entrepreneurs.
- Independent professionals
- Sales and Marketing executives
- Digital nomads
- Corporate citizens on travel.
What are the benefits of coworking?
- Shared values
- Sharing ideas
- Give and take of advice
- Referrals and helping hands
- Discussions leading to business and innovations
- Enhanced learning
- Great networking
- Stronger community
- A working space
- Coffee breaks with small talks
- Meeting points.
- Hot desk
- Several solutions in the same space
- Greater experience.
It is said that coworking is a state of mind, whereas community is a unique global movement. The backbone of coworking spaces is the operations team and the community development or management team.
The operations team takes care of the entire operational activities of the co-working space inclusive of infrastructure and IT support, administration, security matters, and other client support and comfort factors.
The community management team is expected to create communities, enhance membership and retain them through a whole lot of activities, so as to ensure the utilization of the space to the best.
The coworking movement encompasses these values.
- Collaboration- The willingness to create a win/win environment.
- Openness- Free sharing of ideas or information and experience.
- Community- Group of people for a common purpose.
- Sustainability- Sustaining great purpose through great efforts of the community.
- Accessibility- At co-working spaces through memberships, events.
The concept of coworking for sure is set to overturn the future way of working.