An individual’s personality is the result of his traits, qualities, attitudes, beliefs, motives and behavior. Personality is a mark of one’s identity. Personality development involves the development of one’s “persona”, that is, creating a better image of oneself. It is all about building up one’s reputation through one’s value rich character.
Hence, personality development involves a change from mindset to outward appearance. Therefore it is an inside out method.
Here we provide you with some tips to develop your personality.
- Find out from within yourselves, your deep values, passion, fears and habits.
- Identify the worthy values (at least half a dozen) and habits. Also identify your fears and unworthy habits.
- Overcome your fears and delete your unworthy habits.
- Polish your passion and further focus on strengthening your strengths.
- Identify the purpose in life based on your values.
- Reflect on the impact of your purpose on the society.
- Set long term, medium term and short term touching upon the realms of health, relationships, finance, profession, spirituality, learning and entertainment.
- Have a balance of the above realms in your life.
- Invest your time for the accomplishment of your purpose and goals.
- Prepare a do not do list to keep away the distractions and time wasters.
We are suggesting a few initiatives towards your all round development of personality based on the realms of health, relationships, finance, profession, spirituality, learning and entertainment.
- Go green, prefer vegetarian food and that too organic.
- Have plenty of water and fresh juices.
- Say a big no, when you feel your stomach is nearing full.
- Go for a balanced diet, a healthy one.
- Flex your muscles for a while.
- Feel the sun and sweat a little.
- Practice meditation, yoga and breathing exercises.
- Manage your thoughts, emotions and thus your stress.
- Smile often to enhance your happiness quotient.
- Get interested in people.
- Greet them and be lavish in praise.
- Collaborate with people.
- Listen, care and respect people.
- Weave a family out of love.
- Be with people in the time of their need.
- Be a great networker.
- Call an old friend, a relative a day.
- Let go off your ego.
- Become financially independent
- Have regular monthly savings
- Have the right investments to meet your goals.
- Ensure security and stability in life through financial planning.
- Have a contingency fund.
- Insure –life and health.
- Believe that work is worship
- Ensure that you develop a passion towards the work.
- Exhibit energy and enthusiasm at work place.
- Master the professional etiquettes and walk the talk.
- Trust, integrity and honesty matters at work place.
- Groom well and be at your best appearance at work place.
- Believe in the shared vision of the company.
- Become result oriented.
- Be willing to go the extra mile.
- Be good with your coworkers, encourage and motivate.
- Be a stickler of corporate rules and regulations.
- Becoming principle centered.
- Living with an attitude of gratitude.
- Leading a life with optimism.
- Sacrifice and selflessness.
- Understanding the have-nots and sharing with them.
- Continuously looking at the compass called conscience.
- Correcting your pointers towards principles and people.
Learning and development
- Be a continuous learner.
- Be a master of your domain.
- Up-skill and cross-skill.
- Become a great communicator by improving your verbal communication, body language and listening skill.
- Enhance your presentation skills.
- Use technology to the best for smart working, and communicating the worthy.
- Be oriented towards developing a successful career.
- Learn how to meet deadlines and manage time.
- Be an avid reader.
- Attend trainings, workshops and seminars
- Become a great coach and mentor and also share your learning.
- Finally, learn from your failures.
Fun and Entertainment
- A family outing/shopping
- A cinema time
- A touring time
- A get together event
- Celebrating festivals and birthdays
- Games and activities.
- Cultural events